Monday, September 19, 2011

Where'd all the Crazy go?

As ya'll maybe know I have started studying Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing. And I find myself yet AGAIN (shocker) buried under a pile of books and papers. Haha And I have absolutely no idea why it inspired me of all things I can/have to do... (knit, run, laugh, cry, sing, travel, glob, eat, make a new friend, eat a bagel, walk the dog, go on facebook, play dragon, punch a wall, study more, just lay on the floor like a dead man) I blog!
...visualize with me (use of picture is optional). The heaviness and agony I find myself in. I cannot even take a normal breath with all of the pressure I feel on my chest (oy gryd) and body. And I search for the LIGHT...and with all the strength I have left I.......oh I'm getting bored of this story. Basically I just closed up my books and left the room. And turned on my laptop and started writing.
AnyWHoooo... Recently I have found myself kinda unstable and well...crazy (with all the psych pple around me and all the time i have spent with books and those evil little ity bitty letters).
Sometimes I hallucinate that this is occurring...boy that's gotta be frustrating. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I find it hard to keep myself mentally healthy (that doesnt mean I'm crazy people! lol). However it says in 2 Timothy "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." my own italics added.
God gives us that renewal and refresher that we so desperately need! Every step we take in this world makes our feet dirty. The filth, sickness and dirt of this world clings to us, whether we want it or not. However its God's promises like these that make me SO GLAD. God can wash us right up!

When God talks about how Christ loves the church in Ephesians 5, God understand that we get dirty and He says "that He [Christ] might sanctify and cleanse her [church] with the washing of water by the word, that he might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she might be holy and without blemish."

Its so amazing that God even promises to protect and wash and renew our minds for us...through the word, through the Holy Spirit (titus 3:5). After learning about all the scary things that go on in "sick" people's minds I find such comfort knowing God has my heart and mind in His hand. And He even wants to renew and refresh my mind for me.

He can renew your mind, your passions, your thoughts, your heart. God can, if you ask, instill His OWN passions and thoughts and heart and mind into you.

3 comments:

  1. Tanya, I am not a nursing student, so I cannot EMPATHIZE with you, but I sure feel sympathy. I feel the same way you described. I'm in my last semester, and God willing I'll get through it with not only passing grades, but high ones! It's all in His hands, however, and anything He wills shall happen. I am prepared and ready... Sorry to talk about myself on your story, but it really could not come at a better time. I've been buried myself in schoolwork, and have not been the best student, I admit that! But in the midst of all this chaos, I've found myself longing for comfort and peace, longing for God, and simply to rest in His presence and to worship Him! Exactly what I was created to do! It's funny how we're created to do this, and in the end of it all (a bad day, a good day, what have you) that is our deep longing? Well we should be glorifying God through each action, even something as mundane as doing homework, studying, cleaning, cooking, working... We ought to be that light, deriving our strength and claiming Him in each successful breath! I don't know about you, but I sure am a stubborn carnal being, and forget to do the simplest thing, ASK GOD FOR STRENGTH!!! Thank you SO much for speaking His truth into my life. He indeed controls my mind, my everything! I will spend the rest of the night (since I missed all sorts of deadlines) meditating on His word, His promises, and renewing my mind. God bless you Tanya. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING HIS VESSEL IN THIS POST, IT SPOKE DIRECTLY TO MY ANXIETY. I love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyubov, yes it's so easy to focus on our weaknesses and our failures. And its amazing how God draws us in to Himself. Thanks for sympathizing with me and for sharing your own story. I love you also! Be blessed and I pray that God will give you strength and renewal each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU for this post Tanya!

    ReplyDelete